Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gifts from my friend.

Photobucket

I received a package that my dear, sweet friend Elizabeth sent. How excited I was when I opened it! It was filled with gifts for my upcoming birthday. The book she gave me "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" is one I have been looking for, for a while now. I had not run across it and so had forgotten all about it. I can see that God knows the desires of our hearts and He uses others to fulfill those desires. Elizabeth has a very loving and giving spirit and I have known her for a few years now. I have always been amazed at the love of God that I see in her life. She has encouraged me in so many ways. I am grateful for her gift of friendship most of all. We do not live near one another and we have never met in person but there is a kindred spirit that we share. We know we can always call or write to one another about anything that maybe going on in our lives and we won't be judged or ridiculed but encouraged to keep running the race that has been set before us. I believe God gives us friends so that we will not become weary along the way. As you can see by the picture the book was not the only gift she sent. Along with it are packets of flower seeds to brighten up my garden. It is so sweet because as those flowers grow I will keep Elizabeth in mind when I see them. She also sent me a beautiful handkerchief. To pretty in my opinion to use. So thank you Elizabeth for remembering me and making my day more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment