Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas morning

It's so very quiet here this morning. Even though it is another weekday there is something so different on this day. I don't mean the gifts and all the things we do. I mean there is just a different feeling to say "this day is special".

We have all our children with us this year. It is the first year in 5 since it has been so. We also have the grandchildren with us. I consider these things to be the best gifts of all. I have a tendency to forget sometimes how fortunate we are to have them here. They are all special blessings from our God.

We have certain traditions that we do each Christmas eve and Christmas day. There is comfort in that, knowing what is going to happen. We are trying to blend the traditions of two families, which can be difficult, but not if we are willing to give so that we can all share in this special season together.

I hope that each of you is blessed beyond measure today and throughout the coming year. I hate to see time pass so quickly but yet I look forward to a new year. An opportunity to put behind the things of the old year and start fresh. I do not make resolutions as they are goals I would like to achieve yet I have a tendency to make them unattainable for myself. So that is something I gave up doing some time back.
I am grateful that God's mercies are new every morning and not just at the new year.

I took some pictures that I'd like to share. This first one was taken on Saturday night at our annual get together. We share food and fellowship. We play games together and the only rule for the evening is that everyone be involved in whatever we are doing. No Scrooges allowed! The children who are now young adults all talk about the scrapes they used to get into when they were little and the things they did to tease each other. The teasing has not stopped and neither have the friendships. My oldest daughter, (second from the right),made an apron for each of them and she also made her sister's (on the right end). I made my granddaughter's and my my oldest daughter's ( matching) and my own (the green one). I am thankful for this family and the ways in which they have helped and challenged our family to have a closer walk with God.
Photobucket


This next picture is one I took when I got up this morning. Being the early bird in the family I get an opportunity to just sit and enjoy these kinds of things while everyone else is still in a sweet state of slumber.
Photobucket

My honey just came down to get the woodstove going so it's time to start the coffee.
I hope you all have a joyous day spent with those you love and shared in whatever manner has become your tradition.

Blessings,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment