Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a new venture

We are finally getting things prepared to have the fireplace installed in our family room. My husband's brother in-law is coming out to put it in for us this weekend. The fireplace is already here. My husband went a couple of weeks ago to pick it up. It was a very light oak color on the mantle and around the bottom of the hearth. Very pretty but we sanded it down and stained it a bit darker. We like the darker woods. We haven't painted the walls in the family room yet. Not sure what color we are going with. The walls are done of bead board. Whenever the fireplace is finished I will post a picture for you all to see.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful Christmas.
We had a nice day. Well most of us, my dd came down with a fever later in the day. So she spent most of the latter part of the day sleeping.
Apparently something has been going around. My granddaughter had the same thing last night. It only lasts a short time for which I am grateful.

til next time,
blessings,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment