Friday, April 1, 2011

First day of the new year.

The last day of last year was quite trying. First we had all planned to go to a dinner and worship/communion service last night at church. Ah but plans don't always go the way we think. Myself and the two youngers left with crockpot and dessert in hand and J would meet up with us there later. Had something he needed to take care of first. So we head out and get there on time for once. Had the meal and as I was heading into service I noticed I had missed a call from dd #1. She was calling to see what to do for the little one as he had become sick. In the meantime she had called her her mil and got some good advice. Told her if it wasn't too late when we got back I would call and check on him. Well, we were quite late so I didn't hear till this morning. He is doing better today.
So, into service we went. Not long after it started I got another call. So embarrassing in the middle of church. Anyway it was J and since it was so late he said he wouldn't get to the service before it would be over. We stayed after has they had a time of fellowship playing games and having coffee and dessert. It was a fun time and we made it home about 11:45 so we were all here together to bring in the new year.
There is nothing better than having the ones you love with you on the special days.
So we all eventually headed to bed, think it was around 2am when I finally got there.
Everyone was up fairly early this morning and as we are expecting company and I needed to get some cleaning done we plunged into the new day.
So all is pretty much in order and I am ready for a nap but alas it will soon be time to start our meal for today.
I am going to try and get the pictures of our new fireplace posted either this evening or tomorrow. Which ever time allows.
I hope each of you has a year full of blessings from God's hand and a life overflowing with the peace of His love in your hearts.
til next time,
Blessings,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment